Monday, April 29, 2013

Close Encounter (2)

Trifecta: Week Seventy-Five


Use the word DOOR and the following definition as the prompt: a means of access or participation : opportunity . Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.




Relieved to be back in familiar surroundings, Libby thought of showering and kicking back for the evening. As she felt the water flowing through her hair down her body, her mind returned to the vision she had of the vanishing chairs while jogging. In her mind, though, she saw the chairs disappear one at a time until only one remained. The internal black and white image suddenly changed to color with a beautiful field of flowers atop a hill where the sole chair sat.


Libby had been reading about instinct, "gut feelings", raising one's consciousness, inner wisdom and other related topics wanting to better develop her sense of awareness. She wondered if the illusion of chairs in the field while jogging was a clue to this internal vision. She finished showering, put on her comfy jammies, grabbed a cup of tea, and flopped down sideways on her armchair.  She cherished the silence after jogging. Drinking her tea had a sacred quality to it. Quiet was appropriate. In between sips she closed her eyes returning to the beautiful field in her mind, the chair seeming to beckon her.


Though it made her question her reality, she next saw a male figure in a tuxedo in the distance behind the chair urging her to “come in”. Libby was familiar with guided imagery so imagining places in her mind was not a new experience. Having it be interactive was definitely a new experience. Could the tuxedo-ed figure be the manifestation of her inner wisdom?  If she allowed herself to run through the field to the chair, would she be opening a door to her subconscious?



Words: 272

(The complete story of Libby to date can be found here.)



29 comments:

  1. Wow what kind of tea was she drinking? haha almost in that gap between conscience and subconscious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be from the Mad Hatter's Tea Party or just plain ol' green tea ;-O Thanks for the visit, Sam!

      Delete
  2. I would take a seat in the chair and survey the hill. That must be peaceful ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curiouser and curiouser. I'm loving how this vision keeps evolving. I really want to know what the smart-dressed gentleman is all about.

    Thanks for linking up! Remember to come back to vote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Will tell more next prompt that fits in :))

      Delete
  4. Really interesting. I want to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful and mysterious. You have a marvelous style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind words about my writing!

      Delete
  6. I like how you add just a bit more with each continuation. I am also curious to know about the man in the tuxedo and what happens with the interactive guided imagery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am so glad you like it! Sounds like you've been exposed to guided imagery. Personally, I love it.

      Delete
  7. Good piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's getting very clinical. I wonder if she isn't setting herself up for an unwanted run-in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does this sound too clinical? Most of my friends are into expanding their senses and trusting intuition and understanding intuition. Was trying to get there without being too psychological although it is psychological. lol. Guess I'll focus on how to get to the next place without her analyzing herself. Appreciate the feedback!

      Delete
  9. I want some of what she's on... Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting continuation! Love the re-imagined chair in the field of flowers. I want to sit there and drink my morning tea. Can't wait to see where she ends up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love the idea of a tuxedo wearing figure acting almost as an astral guide :D Hope she has fun. Lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting piece. I'm glad your are continuing this story; I want to read more. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to all who read and commented! Am watching for a next prompt to continue. Glad you want it to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such mystery with this tuxedo-ed figure! I'm awaiting next week's post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is good. I love your cliffhanger. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, KD and Linda! I hope next week is "cooperative" :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really enjoyed this. Love the sense of calmness shrouded in this mystery

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great imagery here-loved the dream like quality to this piece Maggie-very surreal:-)Waiting for the next part

    ReplyDelete
  19. As someone unfamiliar with guided imagery I found this intriguing and curious about who the figure in the tuxedo could be. I really enjoyed it, thank you. LM x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait for more of this story to be revealed! It is so intriguing!! I think I'm also going to put on my comfy jammies and make a cup of tea while I wait! What a blissful combination;) Well done-and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog too:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks to all who commented. The next segment can be found here: http://insidemaggiesbrain.blogspot.com/2013/05/close-encounters-3.html

    ReplyDelete