Wednesday, May 8, 2013

First Loved Poem

A Toad's Favorite Poem



We were asked to post our favorite poem by the lovely Imaginary Garden With Real Toads.


Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening
Robert Frost (1923)

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My l
ittle horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep. 


2 comments:

  1. Maggie, can you believe my Uncle Joe used to hang out with Robert Frost in Connecticut? He had several autographed volumes.

    This is one of my favorites when I want to calm myself. I wish you had an mp3 of yourself reciting it, which is what I was able to do on my blog... Yours is an excellent choice! Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that gives me the chills that your Uncle knew him. Thank you for liking my choice. My voice is good for lulling others to sleep so probably not good to recite poetry. I mean I was told often when I was a therapist how calming my voice was. Good for hypnosis ;-O

      Delete